Susquehanna Workforce Network workforce experts give you the direction, knowledge and resources you need to improve your skills and find the right job.
Need help finding a job? Maybe you need help writing a resume or preparing for a job interview. You might even need job training to learn skills for a new career. Susquehanna Workforce Network workforce experts can give you the direction, knowledge and resources you need to improve your skills and find the right job. SWN and the Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning operate the region’s three workforce centers, in cooperation with partner organizations and agencies. Our centers offer a range of services and resources, including job search services, and training & workshops, job fairs. Our workforce centers also offer the following:
- Basic skills assessments and career assessments to help uncover your aptitudes, interests and skills. You also can explore your career fit using the Traitify tool.
- Career advising that puts you on a path to achieve your career goals. An employment specialist helps you discover your career interests and options. They also make sure you know about local workshops and resources offered at our workforce centers and through community partners so you can gain skills that increase your chances of finding a job.
- “10 Steps to a Federal Job” workshop, led by federal employment specialists who cover, in great detail, the process for applying for a federal job.
- Customized job-training plans for jobseekers who need additional skills to be competitive in the job market. Training can take place at universities, community colleges, private technical institutions or through other training providers. Financial assistance is available and often training is at no or limited cost to the jobseeker.
- Family Investment Program – The Family Investment Program is operated under the aegis of the Harford County Department of Social Services. Customers utilizing that facility are the recipient of federal subsidies such as food stamps (SNAP) or Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA). Susquehanna Workforce Network employees provide work-based training activities, job retention services, and job placement services to TCA recipients.
Job Search Services
SWN workforce centers in Cecil and Harford counties provide a variety of valuable job-search services. Our staff members work with you to search secure databases for current job listings. We also provide information about job fairs and recruitment events, connect you with career training opportunities; and offer workshops focused on resume-writing and interviewing and how to use job-search tools. Our professional staff can help you refine and organize your job search.
Training & Workshops
Gain the skills and confidence you need to land that job! Each of our three workforce centers offers employability seminars that teach you how to conduct a job search, how to interview for a job, and how to create and edit a resume. We also offer specialty workshops such as “10 Steps to a Federal Job” and “Introduction to LinkedIn.”
Check out the seminars calendar on our Events page.
Job Fairs are held throughout the year for specific industries and for general industries in the Susquehanna Region (Cecil and Harford counties). Businesses also conduct customized recruiting events at the workforce centers throughout the year. View scheduled job fairs and register on our Job Fair Registration page.
Susquehanna Workforce Centers (SWC)
2021-D Pulaski Highway
Havre de Grace, Maryland 21078
1275 West Pulaski Highway
Elkton, Maryland 21921
Jobseeker Links & Resources
These websites can help with questions about unemployment
General Workforce Information and Organization
These websites address career questions
The Governor’s Workforce Development Board
Maryland.gov (including agencies and jobs)
Maryland Department of Labor
Maryland Division of Workforce Development