Learn about the services Susquehanna Workforce Network offers to help workers and businesses deal with the effects of layoffs, business closures and downsizing
Rapid Response Services
The Susquehanna Workforce Network, Inc. (SWN) offers many services to help workers and businesses deal with the effects of layoffs, business closures and downsizing. Services known as Rapid Response and Out-Placement Assistance are proactive, business-focused, and flexible strategies designed to respond to layoffs and closings by quickly coordinating services and providing immediate aid to companies and their affected workers. Our team works with the business and any employee representative(s) to quickly maximize public and private resources to minimize disruptions associated with restructuring and job loss. Customized services can be provided onsite at an affected company, accommodate any work schedules, and assist companies and workers through the transitions associated with job loss. Services available through SWN and the centers range from resume and interview workshops, career counseling, and job search to re-skilling, skills upgrading, and job training.
Meet with our team for an initial consultation to determine the menu of services and parameters that best matches the immediate priorities. Often this leads to employee information sessions that are done either onsite at the business location, a workforce center or elsewhere at the employer’s request.
Session topics include:
- Unemployment Insurance information
- Available job-search assistance and support
- Maryland Health Connection options
- Labor-market information and demand occupations
A range of additional services can be customized based on specific needs and desires of the business and the impacted workers. These are designed to facilitate a smooth business transition and return to work for affected employees in the most expeditious manner. These services can include:
- Specialized recruitment events
- Skill appraisals
- Aptitude evaluations
- Interest inventories
- Career guidance and planning
- Skill enhancement and training services
- Individual advising and case management
Benefit to Businesses
Providing Rapid Response and Out-Placement services to your workers during layoffs or closings will result in multiple benefits to the employer. The more quickly the strategy is implemented, the better off your company and workers will be. Providing Rapid Response to your workers will help ensure:
- Higher productivity and worker morale and lower absenteeism during layoff event due to reduced stress.
- Lower unemployment insurance costs as workers are re-employed more quickly when services are begun prior to layoff.
- Decreased likelihood of sabotage or work disruptions.
- Media and rumor management. Rapid Response teams understand the often-confidential nature of layoffs and will work with the company to ensure confidentiality at all times.