- BUSINESS & INDUSTRY
- JOB SEEKER
CATEGORY: JOB SEEKER
Information Technology (IT) and Cyber Security Training
IT/Cybersecurity professionals are in demand in Harford and Cecil Counties!
The Susquehanna Workforce Network will host training at Harford Community College beginning Sept 27, 2021 to prepare participants for the A+, Network+, and Security+ certification exams.
Is this career right for you?
Employers in the Susquehanna Region will continue to create many IT and cybersecurity job openings over the next several years. This workforce represents a wide range of occupations and skills; from engineering and architecture to entry level IT specialists and help desk workers. The professional services, finance, manufacturing, and defense sectors have the highest demand for cybersecurity jobs.
Some of the job duties IT/cybersecurity professionals may perform include:
- Provide technical assistance to computer users.
- Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, email, and operating systems.
- Analyze, test, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing network systems, such as local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
- Perform network maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly with minimal interruption.
- Plan and carry out security measures to protect an organization’s computer networks and systems.
Job Outlook and Earnings
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, entry level salaries range from $15.50 to $29 per hour.
Call 410-272-5400 (Harford County) or 410-996-0550 (Cecil County) to be connected with a SWN Employment Specialist.
- Must be 18 or older
- Have reliable transportation